Many people seek out Naturopathic treatments to:
- improve energy and vitality
- recover from a specific illness or health concern
- seek out natural alternatives
- complement current prescriptions/treatments
- prevent disease
- and/or bring the body back into balance.
Whatever your reason is be prepared for a journey that can change your life for the better, permanently.
A Naturopath works to seek out the root cause of your symptoms. They use therapies that support the healing power of the body and nature and do not suppress your symptoms.
Naturopathy is a primary health care system that may be used in conjunction with services provided by other health care professionals. It focuses on using non-invasive natural therapies along with techniques and compounds to prevent illness, maintain optimal health, and to stimulate the body to heal without suppression.
Naturopathic Doctors are trained in the following modalities:
- Herbal Medicine
- Acupuncture and Asian Medicine
- Lifestyle Counselling
- Physical Medicine
Naturopathic Medicine is based on the following six principles:
- First, to do no harm
- To treat the causes of disease
- To teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine
- To heal the whole person through individualized treatment
- To emphasize prevention
- To support the healing power of the body